26.11.12

NECK WARMER with Cables


CUELLO CON TRENZAS
(Knit / Dos agujas)



A lady asked me if I could make her a neck warmer, and this is what I came up with.
Una dama me pidió que le hiciera un cuello tejido, y esto es lo que me ingenié.



It is made with a 3x3 rib in the beginning and end, and the body consist of garter borders with 2 cables in the center. 
Está hecho en dos agujas con resorte 3x3 en el principio y fin, y el resto tiene un borde de sólo derechos con dos cables en el centro.



Finally, it is put in place with a wooden brooch…and ready to use. 
Finalmente, se decora con un broche de madera, y listo para usar.



Currently I am making another one in light purple, which I hope to show you soon…
Actualmente estoy haciendo otro en morado claro, el cual espero mostrarles pronto…

19 comments:

  1. Looks so cozy :) I love your neckwarmer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful - I have never knit cables, so I admire your skill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, and the shawl pin really completes it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love cables! I'll look forward to seeing the one in purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wundervoll!!^^
    Liebe Grüße und einen schönen Abend,*Manja*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, it's so lovely! I love cables too! Wonderful! Greetings from Germany! Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! So much more elegant than a longer, chunky scarf. Are you able to advise the needle size, wool ply, number of cast on stitches, and length? I could probably work it out from there. Although it's coming into summer here in Australia, I can definitely see myself wearing this next winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With pleasure, Lisa! I used a chunky yarn with 8mm needles. Cast on 21 st. I think I will cast 23 next time, for a bit wider border). Make a 3x3 rib, for 18 rows. BODY: 3 knit (garter border) + 6knit (cable)+ 3Purl (between cables) + 6 knit (2nd cable)+ 3 knit (garter border).
      Aprox. length: 28 inches / 71 cms.
      I hope this info hepls for now. But I will try to write up the pattern next time--when I publish the photos of the purple I am making now.
      Let me know if you make it...
      ♥ Ana BC

      Delete
  8. Te ha quedado fantástico. Luce un montón.
    Bss.
    Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Ana, this is simply gorgeous! I don't know how to knit, but this makes me want to learn. The addition of the wooden broach is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! Very pretty!
    I'm pinning this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love the long cables. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so cosy! Love the color!

    Love
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this interesting and knowledgeable article.
    neck warmer

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion counts ... Tu opinión cuenta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...