14.11.12

BLANKET: Granny Tiles


MANTA: Cuadros de la Abuelita



A small blanket for a baby girl…
Una manta pequeña para una bebé…


I call this style: “granny tiles”.  The granny squares are in many colors, and the last row in all of them have the same neutral color, giving it a “tile look”.  A while ago I made a cushion in neutral colors using the same style: Granny Tiles inneutrals.

A este estilo, lo llamo: “azulejos de la abuelita” (ing. Granny tiles).  Los cuadros son de colores, y la última pasada se hace en un color neutral, lo cual le da la apariencia de azulejo o mosaico.   Hace un tiempo hice un cojín utilizando este mismo estilo: Cuadros GrannyNeutrales



For this baby blanket, I used off-white for the background.  The rest is made with many colors I had in my stash, predominantly pinkish because it is for a baby girl.
Para esta frazada, utilicé un crema claro para el fondo.  Los cuadros los hice de muchos colores, con énfasis en rosados y lilas, ya que es para una niña. 



For the border, I used the mosaic border (the same as for the 3rd Plaid GrannyBlanket).
El borde lo hice con la puntada mosaico (igual que la 3°frazada granny escocesa). 



The “granny tiles” fever caught on in our knitting group, and three more were made.  I´ll try to get some pictures to show you…
Mi grupo de tejido se contagio con la “fiebre de los mosaicos” porque ya han hecho otras tres.  Procuraré obtener fotos para mostrárselos…


20 comments:

  1. Oh, Ana! Me encantan tus mantas para bebés, son tan dulces...! Ha quedado perfecta... es deliciosa! Y qué suerte el bebé con ésta mantita! Muchas felicidades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana, I love your blanket...so inspiring... I have just blogged about it on my blog :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blanket is lovely! I love all the colours you have used. what kind of yarn is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. I used a variety of yarns from my stash, but all of them are medium worsted.

      Delete
    2. Then I think I would love your stash if they are this colourful!

      Delete
  4. It's lovely so pretty Ana, I love the border. Thank you for the nice comments on my blog and your good wishes for my hands. I don't think they will ever get completely better, I just try to rest them when I can and unfortunately I can't do so much crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! The off white works well with the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te ha quedado muy mona, y los colores muy apropiados para bebé. Felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Ana, lovely blanket like all your blankets! I linked your blog with mine. I hope you allow this. Have a good week! Greetings from Germany. Sabine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blog you have Ana :)
    Very nice blanket ! And I love 'the red' on your previous post !
    I'm your new follower :)
    Greetings from Belgium ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple and so beautiful, the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ana, you are very productive! I love this blanket, especially the happy colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very x3 cute ♥ x3
    beautiful colors! i like your blanket♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just beautiful!! Granny squares are so versatile. Great job, Ana! Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blanket. Granny squares are the best! I tried out your mosaic border on my blanket and it turned out great! Thanks for sharing the instructions : )
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion counts ... Tu opinión cuenta

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...